Indivisible OC-48 Congressional Candidate EndorsementFrequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

 
 

Starting April 23rd, Indivisible OC-48 will begin an online endorsement process to endorse one candidate before the 2018 Congressional Primaries on June 5, 2018.

 

When are we endorsing?

We are excited to announce that following our final debate in the California 48th Congressional Debate Series on April 23, Indivisible OC 48 will initiate a process to result in the endorsement of a single candidate. Voting will be open from April 23 10pm Pacific.

 

Why are we endorsing?

Over the past couple of months, our members have been consistently and fervently requesting for Indivisible OC 48 to conduct a process that would result in an endorsement of a single candidate. In a crowded field we believe this is the best way to make sure our members can have an impact on this primary race along with their voter registration, get out the vote activities and political demonstrations.

 

How are we endorsing?

Indivisible OC 48 will be using the fee-based online election tool called Election Runner. We will be polling our members with the following question:

 

Select one candidate that will best reflect and uphold the values of Indivisible OC 48 during their time in Congress, and thusly deserves Indivisible OC 48’s official endorsement.

 

Who can be part of this process?

ANYONE is eligible to vote from within Orange County.  While some may find this approach more controversial, we are using a model of inclusivity developed by Indivisible groups in CA-50 to undertake an endorsement process. So registered or not, citizen or immigrant, future voter, or out of district ally who will be influenced by our election, you are all eligible to vote in this endorsement process. We will be confirming voters location using IP address verification.     

 

How do I participate?

Indivisible OC 48 will be sending out an email announcement to everyone who has attended ANY of our ticketed events (e.g., town hall, debates) in the next couple days to provide information on the endorsement election. If you DO NOT receive an email by Monday April 16, or are unsure if you are signed up in any way, email us at info@ioc48.com to request an e-ballot (Please ATTN: ENDORSEMENT ELECTION in the subject title). If you have friends and family who were unable to make a past event, have them email us as instructed and we will add them to the voter list. New voters can request an e-ballot up to 6pm Pacific on April 24.

 

Is this online election tool really secure?

There are three non-voting election managers (Aaron McCall, Sara Lowell, and Lulu Hammad) who will be overseeing the election, but the system does not allow us to make any changes to the ballot once the election is live. Each voter will be given personal Voter ID and Voter Key and will have to input both when going online to vote. When voting closes, the program will produce a Voter Audit Report and flag any voter fraud. We will be going through this in detail.  There are many ways this systems detects voter fraud and we have tested them successfully. Please don’t throw away your single, legitimate vote by attempting to vote multiple times. We will know and have to throw all your votes out. Voter fraud is considered a malicious act and will result in your expulsion from all Indivisible OC 48 social media.

 

How does a candidate win endorsement?
People have to vote for them! A vote is an expression of support. But we will be factoring in the Voter Support Score in our endorsement as well. The online voting will count for 90% of the final endorsement score, with the VSS counting for the remaining 10% of the score. Endorsement will be determined by simple majority.

 

What about the National Endorsement?

The candidate who receives Indivisible OC 48’s endorsement will be submitted for vetting by Indivisible National. In addition, you will have a SECOND opportunity to ratify our endorsee via a national voting platform to verify Indivisible National’s endorsement selection. Register to vote HERE. If this candidate makes it through their vetting process and is ratified by your votes, then, yes, they will receive the endorsement from Indivisible National.

 

So there it is. We want to be as transparent with you all as possible, so if you have any questions or want to have a discussion please let us know by emailing us at info@ioc48.com