Indivisible OC 48 is a non-partisan group of citizens residing in the 48th congressional district of Orange County, California.
Indivisible OC 48 works to provide a platform for citizen activists to engage in efforts to ensure our elected officials uphold our values of inclusion, tolerance, and fairness and the belief in a strong democracy. We provide leadership and tools for our members and outlets for action in response to any efforts to harm the inhabitants of our district and country or reverse key democratic policies. We help our members hold their elected officials accountable when they do not represent constituents fully.
We are following the guidelines set forth by the people who published the Indivisible Guide to ensure that our local members of congress are best representing the interests of the voters and residents of the 48th congressional district. The Indivisible Guide was published after the election of Donald Trump in 2016 as an effort to oppose the agenda of hate and discrimination set forth during the 2016 campaign by activating people in local congressional districts to apply pressure to respective members of congress and other elected officials to ensure that the will of the people is acknowledged and supported.
Our GUIDING PRINCIPALS
We believe people have the right to receive equitable treatment and achieve their highest good.
We welcome people of all political persuasions who believe in the value of democracy, civil rights, and our diverse American cultural and natural heritage, and encourage unity across people and groups who hold these beliefs.
We resist authoritarianism and policies which seek to disenfranchise any groups of people or threaten our American environmental heritage.
We believe that the role of elected officials is to serve the interests of all of their constituents. It is the elected officials’ duty to genuinely engage with all constituents, including those who hold opposing political views.
We believe that peaceful protest is patriotic and a necessary tool to protect democracy.
What We've Achieved
- Raised awareness within the community about our representative's ideology and record.
- Made regular visits to the local offices of our congressional representative to ask for dialog and debate.
- Through consistent effort locally and nationally, Indivisible has contributed to the protection of existing health care laws.
- Gained local and national press coverage of our marches and demonstrations.
- Established a core group to be situated for action in the mid-term elections in 2018.
- Achieved regional press coverage about the issues facing Orange County and the country at large.