Indivisible OC 48 is a non-partisan group of citizens residing in the 48th congressional district of Orange County, California
Indivisible OC 48 works to provide a platform for citizen activists to engage in efforts to ensure our elected officials uphold our values of inclusion, tolerance, and fairness and the belief in a strong democracy. We provide leadership and tools for our members and outlets for action in response to any efforts to harm the inhabitants of our district and country or reverse key democratic policies. We help our members hold their elected officials accountable when they do not represent constituents fully.
We are following the guidelines set forth by the people who published the Indivisible Guide to ensure that our local members of congress are best representing the interests of the voters and residents of the 48th Congressional District. The Indivisible Guide was published after the election of Donald Trump in 2016 as a roadmap to oppose the agenda of hate and discrimination set forth by the Trump Administration and Congress by activating people in local congressional districts to apply pressure to respective members of congress and other elected officials to ensure that the will of the people is acknowledged and supported.
Our GUIDING PRINCIPALS
We believe people have the right to receive equitable treatment and achieve their highest good.
We welcome people of all political persuasions who believe in the value of democracy, civil rights, and our diverse American cultural and natural heritage, and encourage unity across people and groups who hold these beliefs.
We resist authoritarianism and policies which seek to disenfranchise any groups of people or threaten our American environmental heritage.
We believe that the role of elected officials is to serve the interests of all of their constituents. It is the elected officials’ duty to genuinely engage with all constituents, including those who hold opposing political views.
We believe that peaceful protest is patriotic and a necessary tool to protect democracy.
What We've Achieved
- Conducted four topical debates leading up to the Congressional primary in June 2018.
- Endorsement election with 600 participants.
- Raised awareness within the community about our representative's ideology and record.
- Made weekly visits since January 2017to the local office of our congressional representative to ask for dialog and debate.
- Organized multiple rallies with 500+ people on issues such as racism and offshore oil drilling.
- Through consistent effort locally and nationally, Indivisible has contributed to the protection of existing health care laws.
- Gained local and national press coverage of our marches and demonstrations.